I have developed a low-cost, low-SP build that allows any player to quickly contribute meaningfully in a variety of ways in any combat situation, including but not limited to L5 missions, incursions, and PVP. This fit is called the Lotek Zergling.
What makes the Lotek Zergling special?
- Low Skillpoint Requirements (Baseline model requires ~7 days training in the worst case)
- Low Cost (Baseline model requires only ~2 million ISK )
- Extreme Range (~100km)
- Extreme Versatility (DPS, EWAR, and Support capabilities depending on drones used)
- Extreme Speed Tanking ([AB: ~1km/s, ~41m sig] or [MWD: ~3km/s, ~246m sig])
- Extreme AFKability1)It is generally a bad idea to AFK in EVE, but let’s face it, with something as cheap as this, it will pay itself off many times over before its destroyed. (drones auto-retaliate, or can be set to guard or assist fleetmates)
- Extreme Upgradability2)Upgraded hulls options include the Maulus Navy Issue, Ishkur, and Astero (higher cost, higher sp versions are immensely powerful)
The Lotek Zergling build can easily solo L1 and L2 missions and some L3 missions. The Lotek Zergling can easily conquer L4 missions in small gangs and can make meaningful contributions toward L5 missions in larger fleets.
I normally do not advise training for other races without first having mastered one, but the Lotek Zergling build is so exceptional and requires such little training time that I feel it is worth the exception (ie. it would be worthwhile for Amarr, Caldari, and Minmatar ship specialists to make a detour towards training Gallente Frigate at least a few levels) . Besides, with the negligible exception of Gallente Frigates, all other skills trained towards improving the Lotek Zergling build will benefit virtually all other builds of any race (namely by improving fitting capability, decreasing capacitor consumption, and increasing drone effectiveness, which is handy since most larger ships have a drone bay).
For these reasons, I consider the Lotek Zergling (and its derivatives) to be the greatest fit of all time as it is the only one that allows players to contribute meaningfully in any and all combat scenarios as quickly and cheaply as possible.
Footnotes [ + ]
|1.||↑||It is generally a bad idea to AFK in EVE, but let’s face it, with something as cheap as this, it will pay itself off many times over before its destroyed.|
|2.||↑||Upgraded hulls options include the Maulus Navy Issue, Ishkur, and Astero|